Training & Workshops...
What is Facilitator Skills?
This three-day intensive workshop provides the attendee with the fundamentals of structuring the environment and agenda for results-oriented meetings, while at the same time playing to the workstyle strengths each person brings to the table. Each attendee will prepare an extended facilitation that correlates to an issue at work, and will receive in-depth feedback on effectiveness plus strategies for improvement. Upon graduation, each receives a complete facilitator's bag, complete with all of the tools needed to make a team's thinking visual, to keep the team focused on solutions and to capture the results and actions that come from effective engagement.
Benefits of Facilitator Skills?
- Participants will create a "reality facilitation," then execute it on the final day.
- 2.4 CEU credits will be awarded to all participants upon completion of workshop.
- Participants from multiple companies will be in the workshop with you, from around the country.Here are some of the evaluations from earlier this year:
- "The interaction and role-playing was effective. We learned new tools and had enough opportunity to practice with appropriate feedback."
- Trus Joist, Colbert, GA
- "We have sent our people to lots of training but Susan was able to bring a whole new understanding of the impact of real facilitation to our team. We use it every day."
- DJ Orthopedics, Chatsworth, CA
- "The best classroom training I have had in my business life. I fully enjoyed my time in the training sessions. Very fun, energetic, pleasant and worthwhile".
- Smelter Service Corp., Mt. Pleasant, TN
- "There are many effective things about the training: tools for great meetings; games to make the meetings fun; didn't feel pressure to do things I didn't want to do; Facilitator is great - she certainly knows her business."
- Alcan Aluminum Corp, Berea, KY
Workshop PPP Statement
To enhance the facilitation skills of individuals who structure and lead meetings or develop and facilitate training sessions
By the close of the workshop, participants will have a working knowledge of the following areas:
- Core competencies of the facilitator (listening, questioning, non-verbals, and boarding
- Managing task focus and people focus meetings
- Using feedback as a developmental tool
- Dealing with disruptive behavior
- Creating meeting structure
- Individual, sub-group and full group activities, exercises and discussions
- Initial focus will be on the core competencies common to both facilitative trainers and meeting leaders
- In depth skill development for meeting facilitators
- In depth skill development for facilitative trainers
- Individual facilitation of either a meeting or training segment
- Detailed feedback from peers and instructor
- Training application plan based on feedback and other learnings
Biography on the Instructor