Training & Workshops...
Defining Core Values
A Core Values session is an interactive workshop on values that combines both an educational piece on values as well as an investigative brainstorming session to determine Core Values for your company or department. A Core Values session will always result in the creation of a consultative document reflecting raw data of combined responses.
- To understand what core values are and how they are developed
- To facilitate a large-scale brainstorming session to capture the input from your organization or department and arrive at a set of core values that will drive desired practices and behaviors.
- Several lists of core values based on sub-group brainstorming
- Combined responses in each of the following categories:
|Current Practice / Behavior
||Belief / Value That Drives It
||Desired Practice or Behavior
||Belief / Value That Would Drive It
- Definition of core values
- How core values are used within an organization
- Examples of core values
- Sub-group brainstorming activities:
- Identify current practices and behaviors - both positive and negative
- Identify the belief / value of the organization that drives these behaviors / practices
- Describe the desired practice / behavior
- Identify the value that drives it (1 or 2 words)
- Wordsmith a brief value statement describing how we live out this value in our organization / what we believe / do