Training & Workshops...
Behavior-Based Safety is both an onsite training and consultative engagement. Call us to learn how we can help you implement a BBS program at your facility: 706.546.4045.
Workshop PPP Statement
To implement an employee driven safety system that is aimed at proactive prevention of injury by observing and correcting unsafe behaviors in the workplace. It is managed, measured and continuously improved through the efforts of plant employees.
You will be given the tools and training to implement a Behavior-Based Safety program that:
- Is built upon the foundation of a plant safety working vision, core purpose for safety, mission statement, safety values and safety operating principles
- Is designed and implemented by teams of trained observers at your facility
- Is based on a discipline free audit process - focus of the observer will be on the "task at hand," not the employee
- Requires immediate feedback to the observed employee as to what was seen, with special attention to unsafe acts and / or conditions
- Is customized to each department
- Results in an Observation Checklist and At-Risk Inventory tailored to your facility's safety issues
- If they do not already exist, establish plant safety working vision, core purpose for safety, mission statement, safety values and safety operating principles
- Discuss safety background information for your facility
- Define Behavior Based Safety
- Discuss components of Behavior Based Safety
- Review "Sample" At-Risk Inventory
- Review "Sample" Observation Checklist
- Design customized "At-Risk Inventory" and "Observation Checklist" for each department